Connect what you learn in the classroom with what you can do in the world by getting involved. Whether you were active in your community at home and would like to continue while in college, are looking for a meaningful extra-curricular activity, are seeking a service opportunity required for class, or looking to develop your professional development profile, click below for the information you need.
- Register to vote locally or in your hometown. Check out WP’s TurboVote page for assistance.
- Find opportunities to volunteer on campus or in the community. The Campus Activities, Service and Leadership Office can help.
- Pioneer Life is also a great way to learn about opportunities, keep a record of your activities, and participate as a citizen of the University community.
- Learn about your UCC Community and Civic Engagement Requirement and see which courses satisfy UCC Area 5.
- Learn how to earn your Civic Engagement and Leadership Digital Badges.
- Civic engagement helps you develop leadership skills; becoming a student leader is a great way to serve your community. Check out our student leadership programs and opportunities.
- Consider studying abroad. Developing an understanding of global social, cultural, economic, and political issues helps you become a better citizen at home. You can also find many study abroad opportunities that include civic engagement and service learning.
- Learn how civic engagement can be important in preparing you for your career. The Career Development Center can help.
- Qualify for Federal Work Study? You may be able to work and help your community at the same time by participating in WP’s off-campus work study programs.