Student Enrollment Services 
Your initial resource for financial aid, billing, and student records 



If you have attended William Paterson before the Fall of 1979, you will not be able to request transcripts online. Please complete this paper application, and mail it to Student Enrollment Services.

Effective November 5, 2013, William Paterson University is now sending and receiving transcripts electronically through the NJ Statewide Transfer Initiative (otherwise known as NJ Transfer).

All student transcript requests sent to participating institutions will now be submitted electronically.

For a full listing of participating New Jersey Colleges and Universities, please visit here.

All other requests sent to non-participating institutions will continue to be sent via standard USPS delivery.

All online requests regardless of delivery method are processed within the next business day. There is a $10.00 charge for each official transcript. Holds must be cleared before transcript requests can be processed.  Failure to make adequate payment will result in a placement of a hold that will prevent future transcript requests.

If you are applying to a William Paterson Undergraduate or Graduate program, you don’t have to request your transcripts from WP. Please contact the appropriate WP Admissions Office for further details.

Always check your free unofficial transcripts and verify final grades, GPA, and degrees posted, before requesting official transcripts.

Instructions to Complete the Online Request

User ID: Your social security number (with no spaces or dashes, e.g. 123456789)

PIN: Your six digit birth date (mmddyy). (You may be asked to create a security question)

If you are unable to login, please e-mail us at

Once logged in, under the Personal Information tab, select "Student & Financial Aid" and then "Student Records".

Finally, click on "Request Official Transcript".

Click here to access the online application.

Please note: If you have a cover letter from an agency that must accompany your transcript, please e-mail your document to



To request an official copy of your transcript by mail, please complete this Transcript Request form, and mail it with the appropriate fees to:

William Paterson University | Student Enrollment Services

300 Pompton Road | Wayne, New Jersey 07470

All requests received by mail are processed within 5 business days.There is a $10.00 charge for each official transcript.An overnight delivery option is available through the USPS for an additional charge of $23.75 (US addresses only). Students must request transcripts by 2:00pm if they want it sent express mail the same day.

Payments must be made by check or money order payable to “William Paterson University”.


Your personal information will be treated in accordance with The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). Please read the following statement regarding FERPA before proceeding.

Hold For Grades

This option should be selected if you are currently enrolled in the SPRING OR FALL semester and wish to include the coursework and grades on the transcript. These transcripts are processed on June 1 for SPRING and January 10 for FALL.


Hold for Grade Requests Accepted   

Transcripts generated on


December 14 - January 09

January 10


May 04 - May 31

June 1 


Hold For Degree

This option should be selected if you are graduating by the end of the present semester and wish to include your degree designation on the transcript. Please adhere to the following schedule when selecting “hold for degree”:    

Graduation Month:

Hold for degree requests accepted:

Transcripts generated on:


December 15 – February 19

February 20


May 06 – June 19

June 20


August 1- September 19

September 20



Unofficial Transcripts

Click here to login.
User ID: Your social security number (with no spaces)
PIN: Your six digit birth date (010186)

Once logged in, under the "Personal Information" tab, select "Student & Financial Aid", and then "Student Records".

Finally, select the "Unofficial Transcript" link.

Enrollment Verification

How can I request an enrollment verification?

William Paterson University (WPU) utilizes the National Student Clearinghouse as the official resource for reporting and confirming student enrollment at the institution.

WPU understands that this change in policy does have an impact on our students as well as those agencies requesting this crucial information.  The university can assure you that the information reported to the National Student Clearinghouse is accurate and therefore respectfully requests that you honor this information received from our students as official.  WPU appreciates your understanding and patience in regard to this change as the university strongly believes this adjustment is in the best interests of our student body.

If at any time a concern or question should arise, please email the Student Enrollment Services, the department responsible for official record release, at 

To access this service, students must logon to WPconnectgo to the STUDENTS heading and click on ENROLLMENT VERIFICATION.  Click here to watch our instructional video on verifications.

Enrollment Verification Request Form

You may send request form via email to or mail to:

Student Enrollment Services

300 Pompton Road

Wayne, NJ 07470

How can I request a degree verification?

Our institution has authorized the National Clearinghouse to act as our agent for degree verification only. Please visit the clearinghouse online at or contact them by phone at 703-742-4200.

Name and Address Changes

How can I change my name and/or address?

Students may now update address information directly via the WP Connect portal

  1. Login to WP Connect
  2. Click on Students
  3. Click on My Contact Info. Update accordingly

This new feature instantly updates your new address. 

Students must notify Student Enrollment Services immediately of any name changes.

A written request must include:

  • Name
  • SID/SS Number
  • New Name (for a name change)
  • Copies of legal documentation such as court papers or marriage license must accompany all name changes

If you have any further questions regarding name and address changes, please


 William Paterson University complies with the requirements of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act

Students can opt to authorize release of their academic, financial aid, student account and/or disciplinary records to a third party (i.e.., parents, grandparents, etc.) by completing the FERPA form on-line. 

Students may adjust access to the respective records at any time by simply logging into WPConnect Online Services under “Enrollment Services”. 

These permissions will remain active until your anticipated date of graduation.